• Andiamo a mangiare!

    Yummy Bites!


    Yummi Bites is among the various confectioneries that are around the basement area of Bugis Junction. Let's cut to the chase shall we? They sell many sort of fritters, from your typical Banana Fritters, Yam and alot more. What striked me most was the FRIED DURIAN! Apologies because I might go a bit bias on this one as I'm a huge durian lover. But after seeing "Fried Durian", my eyes just rolled back! I love durians, on its own or in puff pastries. But fried? This I got to try. The idea of a "hot" durian doesn't entice me at all. Hot, crispy and sweet?! Still...I wasn't sure if I wanted to give this a shot.

    I bought one to just see how this looks! Weird looking shape. Doesn't look anything like a durian at all!

    I do have to say, the outer crispyness of this fried durian is amazing! It's thick, but tasted light at the same time. You know how sometimes your banana fritters are oily when you eat them because they leave this greasy residue on your fingers? This fried durian doesn't! My fingers were..ok..a little greasy to be honest..but nothing compared! Inside this crispy mould was a thick durian fruit, almost looking like a paste. Seedless, so it was all the flesh of the fruit.

    From crispy..to soft..to the creamyness of the durian, I say, this one simply justified that this work! The hot crunchy little fritter actually works on a durian! The thing is, I'm in love with the texture of the crispy layer of this fritter. There's something different about the batter that I can't get myself around this. The durian, was fabulous as it is. Since it was really the durian fruit in it, it wasn't as sweet as I would've liked it. That was the only flaw it had but other then that, Durian Fritters works!

    Like I said, we're always on a tight budget. $2.50 per piece works for you? Hehehehee....

    You want to go for something different? Try it! Here's the link to Yummi Bites!
    Bugis Junction
    #B1-K5

















    0 comments:

    Post a Comment