• Andiamo a mangiare!

    Happy Chef Western Food


    Where East Meets West

    I went around googling for a fine dining option that wouldn't hurt my pocket. I was ready to settle for anything acutally. Then I came across this place called the Happy Chef Western Food.

    It's not your fancy fine dining place where you expect good views, sea breeze or a nice music. It's actually at Tai Hwa Eating House. Yes! It's your typical under-the-void-deck hawker centre. I decided to check the place out and see whether it was worth the travel down to Crawford Lane. If you guys don't know where it is, google it! but it's ok..I provided you guys with the link!

    Here it is!





    I told you I wasn't joking when I said it was under your voideck!







    Just look at the menu! They serve the different typical food that you would find in a western stall. And as promised, all under $13!

    Despite the many dishes that they serve, I would like to attract your attention to one power house of a dish! And this is what I recommend to those especially who are mad for cheeses!

    Presenting to you...
    Chicken Kiev



    Firstly, ask me how much does this cost? It's only $11. On picture, it does look a little small of a portion. But, if a big tummied guy like me thinks its damn filling, then it's worth that $11.

    Chicken Kiev is actually a Ukranian dish where they have chicken fillet rolled around cold garlic butter. However, eventhough this western place called this a Chicken Kiev, it's actually your Cordon Bleu and its is actually a Swiss dish.

    So what is this they are serving then? It is a fusion of both a Kiev and a Bleu! It's a chicken breaded cutlet pounded thinlyand wrapped around a thick slab of ham with mozarella cheese in it.

    They are not selfish with the amount of cheese they have. It's thick and rich cheese compliments the soft ham and cuts through the breaded chicken on the outside subtly. By itself, it's an amazing dish. but it's served with their homemade brown sauce that is simply amazing! I was told the sauce was cooked for over 5 hours. Simply amazing! And if you think that's enough, it's served with a whole portion of fresh fries and to "healthened" the dish off, poached vegetables goes along side it. This is to die for when it's served hot as ou cut through the meat with all the cheeses melting through your knife.

    Aren't you salivating already?





    0 comments:

    Post a Comment